Monday, July 12, 2010

McFatty Monday - Week 8

Grrrrrrrreat week!  I finished Week 2 of Couch to 5K.  I love this program.  It's challenging enough but I'm succeeding at each workout, which feels really good.  The iPod app is working great, and I actually look forward to hearing the voice say, "Run now."  I've been sticking to the security of the track so far, but am venturing out for a road run today for the start of Week 3.  I used MapMyRun.com to figure out a route - a little tricky because the C25K progam goes by time instead of distance, but I estimate I'm going about 2 miles at this point.  I installed a little widget over on the sidebar that tracks my workouts.

I LOVE my new shoes!  The Mizunos are a stability shoe and I think that's what I was missing with my old (neutral) Brooks.  They also match my new running skirt (priorities, people!)

The new kicks on their maiden voyage.

My weight has been down as low as 136.4 earlier in the week, but this morning was holding steady at the same as last week.  I'm not so concerned with the number on the scale because my clothes are fitting better than they have in a long time.  I even found a box of pre-pregnancy clothes I had forgotten about and fit into lots of them.  (It was like going thrifting, for free, without having to worry about the hygiene of the previous owner - score!)

Here's where I'm at:

Today's weight - 139.0
Today's BMI - 22.4
Goal weight - 130
Goal BMI - 21.0
Total weight lost - 4.0


6 comments:

  1. yay! good for you! run with confidence on those open roads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shoes - I would love to see your matching skirt! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! At this point, anybody that is making progress is doing better than I am right now... Keep up the good work!

    If you'd be interested, we have a McFatty Link up on my blog! We'd love for you to join us!

    http://itsjustmeheidid.blogspot.com/2010/07/mcfatty-monday-mclinky.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! I love the shoes and I bet the running skirt is cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree ~ awesome job, and sounds like lots of fun too!! You'll have to help me coordinate some new "walking" outfits. The stuff I walk in now is so bad I only walk after dark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too try to focus on the fit of the clothes vs. the scale...b/c at a certain point you are gaining muscle. Oh and perhaps a new pair of shoes will motivate me :).

    ReplyDelete