Monday, August 9, 2010

McFatty Monday - Week 12

I did my first "long run" of the C25K program.  20 minutes, no walking.  (Distance runners, please restrain your laughter.)  It was slow - about 10 minute mile pace - but I didn't stop, which I am proud of.  This week I'm supposed to do 25, then 28 the next, then finish up with 30 (which should be just about a 5K for me.)


In spite of the running success, my weight still isn't really moving.  I hover around 140, give or take a pound, and I'm not terribly bothered by this.  I feel great, and my current BMI is well within the healthy range, but it would be nice to see some positive feedback from the scale.  I really believe if I can make running a part of my life, in time I will eventually make it down to my goal weight.  Even if I don't, I still think the rewards of fitness are more than just weight loss.        


Here's where I'm at:

Today's weight - 140.0
Today's BMI - 22.6
Goal weight - 130
Goal BMI - 21.0
Total weight lost - 3.0 of 13





6 comments:

  1. Good job! I'm doing c25k too. I'm only on week 2 though and right now I'm doing about 20 minute miles so don't feel too bad about yourself! 10 minute miles sounds awesome to me!
    Keep up the good work.

    www.alaskanalison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe -- I've always wanted to do C25K - even got to the second week once. I'm trying to talk myself into starting it this week in prep for a 5K at the end of October. You may have just convinced me, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB! I'm so impressed at 20 minutes of running...I can't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can barely walk for 20 minutes, let along run! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said! And don't be ashamed of your running. we all had to start there!

    ReplyDelete